Router struck in access point mode

A week back when my internet service is not working I had started to troubleshoot my router. My router is a Belkin standard one. When I was tweaking it I have seen a setting called wifi access mode. Then to my anxiety I turned it on and that's it my laptop cannot connect to the router device.But my laptop is receiving the internet. Due to this setting whenever I connect to my router I have to re-login into my ISP and moreover I cannot connect from more than 2 devices as my ISP is not allowing more than 2 simultaneous logins. Inorder to identify when router is in access mode the light will be blinking yellow

Fix for Access mode:
When your router got struck in access point mode simply follow these instructions.
  1. Dis-connect it from power supply for like 5-10 seconds and then reconnect it.
  2. If you examine the router carefully you will see a button moreover like a reset button.
  3. Then press the reset button like for some 5-10 seconds.
  4. Then you will see the blinking light again turning back into the normal yellow light.
That's it your router got free out of the access point mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment